Cirque, published in Anchorage, Alaska, is a regional journal created to share the best writing in the region with the rest of the world.
Cirque invites emerging and established writers living in the North Pacific Rim—Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Hawaii, Yukon Territory, Alberta, British Columbia and Chukotka—to submit short stories, poems, creative nonfiction, translations, plays, reviews of first books, interviews, photographs, and artwork for Cirque’s Winter Solstice 2013 Issue.
Issue #9—Winter Solstice 2013 Submission Deadline: September 21, 2013
- Eligibility: you were born in, or are currently residing in, or have previously lived for a period of not less than 5 years in the aforementioned North Pacific Rim region.
- Poems: 4 poems MAX
- Fiction, Nonfiction, Plays: 12 pages MAX
- Artwork: 10 images MAX accepted as lo-res email attachments (jpegs). Production will require hi-res images (1 mb or greater).
- Bio: 1-3 sentences MAX.
- Contact Info: Make sure to keep your contact email current and be sure that it is one that you check regularly. If your contact information changes, make sure to inform us at Cirque. To ensure that replies from Cirque bypass your spam filter and go to your inbox, add Cirque to your address book.
- Electronic Submissions Only
- Attach a Word document to your email or embed submission text within the body of the email; use 12pt font in a common, easy to read typeface (Times, Arial, etc.)
- Subject Line of your email should read: “Poetry Submission,” “Fiction Submission,” “Play Submission,” “Non-fiction submission,” etc.
- Replies average two to three months, and we don’t mind you checking with us about your submissions.
Please Send Inquiries and Submissions to email@example.com